Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Printing Press - Part I

Found this note from my father with the Superior Rotary Printing Press.

This printing set was a 1943 Christmas Present, when I was 11 years old.  

The reason I "remember" this is that one of the ambitious projects I tried with it was to print an article "Seharnhorst, Huge German Battleship, Sunk in Fight".  That naval battle and sinking took place on December 26, 1943.  It is described on pages 267-271 in The German Northern Theater of Operation 1940-1945, by Earl F. Ziemki, 9 June 1959 (Department of the Army pamphlet No 20-271).  

Note the citation and format of the citation.  He wrote this in June 12, 2002, approximately 50 years after his last English/Technical Writing class.  The underlining and format exactly as he wrote it in his note.  


No comments:

Post a Comment