Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Love of My Life

On a hot, muggy day in June of 1984, I committed my life to this wonderful woman.  We met in college in the marching band but didn't start dating until senior year.  After we graduated, I moved to St. Louis, Missouri and she moved to Arcata, California, and we started a 2 year long-distance relationship. 

Back in those days, that was not as easy as it is today.  We wrote letters to each other and only were able to talk to each other once per week for an hour or so.  Long distance bills averaged about $100 per month, so talking more often was not feasible. 

I proposed to her on Christmas Eve, 1983, and I have to admit it was the best thing I've done in my life.  I loved this woman back then, and I continue to love her today.  I can't imagine what my life would have turned into if I didn't marry her. 

Thank you, Gail, for saying yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment