Friday, April 22, 2016

Welcome

A big part of this blog revolves around images.  As I find images, they bring to mind stories, and this is where I get to share the stories.

My first image is a picture of me relaxing in Zion National Park.  It's not a great photo, but it shows me doing what I love.

It was taken back in 2001.  In August.  In the heat.  I remember that we were planning on taking a hike, but it was 100+ degrees and when we got to the trailhead, it was on the other side of the Virgin river.

We never got  past the stream.  The kids were playing elsewhere in the stream, and I found a nice shady spot to watch them while cooling off my feet. 

I'm a National Parks Service junkie, so much so that I have created a spreadsheet with all the sites that are under the management of the National Park Service.  I've kept track of all the sites I've visited, along with the dates and if we got a Passport stamp at the park.

I know.  There are people I can talk to about that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment