Friday, May 27, 2016

Maps

Keeping Nat'l Geographic in business
When Google first came out with Google Maps, I think my productivity went down by an order of magnitude.  For some reason, I am fascinated by maps.   Road maps, Topo maps, Satellite views, Street maps, it's all the same.  I can get lost in tracing roads, "discovering" places that are close to other places I've been, or more recently, seeing what something looks like from space. 

While we were in Virginia last weekend for  my Nephew's wedding we stopped by Shenandoah National Park for a visit.  We came down Skyline drive from the north, but unfortunately, it was cloudy and rainy.  The view from the road was a solid white cloud.

While we were there, I picked up one of my favorite souvenirs, a trail map of the park.  Never did get to use it, and will probably never use it for a trail, but its kind of like an obsession.  So, I brought it home and stored it in the box with the other maps I've bought but seldom used. 



No comments:

Post a Comment