Thursday, September 28, 2017

Ford Focus


2001 Ford Focus
Most people remember September 11th, but I have strong memories of September 12th, 2001.  I was driving to work that morning on the Boeing Freeway when I saw a police vehicle with it's lights flashing coming up behind me at a high rate of speed.  As per the law, I pulled over a lane to let them pass.

I was distracted enough that I didn't realize that the traffic in that lane was stopped.  So I stood on my brakes, squealing tires, and hit the car in front of me.I drove it for about another month until the electrical system totally shorted out.  (It's really bad when you can hear the alternator over the radio.)  So I donated the Tracer to a favorite charity and purchased a new Ford Focus.  I drove it for 10 years and never had a major issue. 

This car had the distinction of being the first car that I sold because I wanted to instead of had to.  When Nissan came out with their Leaf model, I decided that I wanted to be an early adopter.  So this was the first car that I sold because I wanted to instead of had to.

This reminds me of the experience of buying the car, but that's another story.  


No comments:

Post a Comment